After a year I finally figured out what my blog is going to be about: anorexia recovery and therapy. Sometimes gut wrenching, sometimes positive, always honest and forthright. I don’t hold anything back.
Most of my life I felt very alone, isolated in my thoughts, behavior, and trauma experiences. I feel a deep desire to share so others can not feel that way, not feel alone, not feel isolated. My hope is that we can make this journey together, moving forward. Looking back at the last six months (Feb 2017 and on) I have come to realize, thanks to many helpful comments) that recovery is not a continual forward movement but rather something like walking in a storm, buffeted by winds with an occasional oasis for relief.
It’s hard, it hurts and is many times humbling… but this is life – good, bad, ugly, beautiful.
A wee bit about me:
- anorexic: struggling through, on exercise restriction too (possibly permanently)
- bipolar 1, mixed: yay, sigh, yay, sigh… and so on
- chronic pain & fibromyalgia: ouch, yikes, oy
- tinnitus: LOUD
- complex ptsd (emdr, therapy… helping)
- ex-athlete: body building, cycling, dancer, yoga – no more
- ex-word for ‘sure, I’ll try anything’
- ex-optimist (now a realist)
On the lighter side:
- crochet artist
- advocate for old fashion letter writing, you know, with stamps, etc
- mad organizational skills
- science fiction nerd
- adult coloring fiend